3. Collection, Use, and Disclosure
In the course of its activities, Gite les deux Pignons may collect various types of information for various purposes. The types of information that Gite les deux Pignons may collect, their use (or intended purpose), and the means by which the information is gathered are outlined in the Appendix at the bottom of this policy and in its cookie usage policy available at the link https://pignons.ca/en/cookie-policy-ca-2/.
Gite les deux Pignons will also inform individuals, at the time of collecting personal information, about any other information collected, the purposes for which it is collected, and the means of collection, in addition to other information to be provided as required by law.
Gite les deux Pignons adheres to the following general principles regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information:
In general, Gite les deux Pignons collects personal information directly from the individual and with their consent unless an exception is provided by law. Consent can be obtained implicitly in certain situations, for example, when the individual decides to provide their personal information after being informed by this policy about the intended use and disclosure purposes (see the Appendix for more details). Therefore, this policy and the information it contains can be accessed by the individual at the time of collecting personal information.
Normally, Gite les deux Pignons must also obtain the consent of the individual before collecting their personal information from third parties, before disclosing it to third parties, or for any secondary use of that information. However, Gite les deux Pignons may act without consent in certain cases provided by law and as set out by it. The main situations where Gite les deux Pignons may act without consent are outlined in the relevant sections of this policy.
In all cases, Gite les deux Pignons only collects information if it has a valid reason to do so. Additionally, the collection will be limited to the necessary information required to fulfill the intended purpose. Please note that Gite les deux Pignons’s services and programs are not intended for minors, and, in general, Gite les deux Pignons does not intentionally obtain personal information about minors (in such cases, information cannot be collected from them without the consent of a parent or guardian).
Collection from Third Parties:
Gite les deux Pignons may collect personal information from third parties. Unless an exception provided by law applies, Gite les deux Pignons will seek the consent of the individuals before collecting their personal information from a third party. In cases where such information is not collected directly from the individual but from another organization, the individual may request the source of the information collected from Gite les deux Pignons.
In some situations, Gite les deux Pignons may also collect personal information from third parties without the consent of the individual if it has a legitimate and significant interest to do so and (a) if the collection is in the interest of the individual, and it is not possible to collect it from them in a timely manner, or (b) if the collection is necessary to ensure the accuracy of the information.
Retention and Use:
Gite les deux Pignons ensures that the information it holds is up-to-date and accurate at the time of its use for decisions about the individuals concerned.
Gite les deux Pignons may only use an individual’s personal information for the purposes set out in this policy or for any other purposes provided at the time of collection. When Gite les deux Pignons wishes to use this information for another purpose or reason, new consent must be obtained from the individual, and explicit consent must be obtained if it is sensitive personal information. However, in certain cases provided by law, Gite les deux Pignons may use the information for secondary purposes without the individual’s consent, for example:
- When this use is clearly in the individual’s benefit;
When it is necessary to prevent or detect fraud;
When it is necessary to assess or enhance protection and security measures.
Limited Access: Gite les deux Pignons must implement measures to restrict access to personal information only to employees and individuals within its organization who have the authority to access it and for whom the information is necessary in the performance of their duties. Gite les deux Pignons will seek the consent of the individual before granting access to anyone else.
Generally, and unless an exception is indicated in this policy or otherwise provided by law, Gite les deux Pignons will obtain the consent of the individual before disclosing their personal information to a third party. Moreover, when consent is required, and when it is sensitive personal information, Gite les deux Pignons must obtain the explicit consent of the individual before disclosing the information.
However, disclosure of personal information to third parties is sometimes necessary. Thus, personal information may be disclosed to third parties without the individual’s consent in certain cases, including, but not limited to, the following:
– Gite les deux Pignons may disclose personal information, without the consent of the individual, to a public agency (such as the government) that collects it in the exercise of its powers or the implementation of a program under its management.
– Personal information may be transmitted to service providers who need to receive the information without the individual’s consent. For example, these service providers may be event organizers, subcontractors designated by Gite les deux Pignons to carry out mandates in programs administered by Gite les deux Pignons, and cloud service providers. In these cases, Gite les deux Pignons must have written contracts with these providers indicating the measures they must take to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information disclosed, that the use of this information is only for the execution of the contract, and that they cannot retain this information after its expiration. In addition, these contracts must stipulate that the providers must notify Gite les deux Pignons ‘s responsible for personal information protection (indicated in this policy) of any breach or attempted breach of confidentiality obligations regarding the disclosed personal information and must allow this responsible to conduct any related verification.
– If it is necessary for the conclusion of a commercial transaction, Gite les deux Pignons may also disclose personal information, without the consent of the individual, to the other party to the transaction and subject to the conditions provided by law.
Disclosure Outside Quebec:
Personal information held by Gite les deux Pignons may be disclosed outside Quebec, for example, when Gite les deux Pignons uses cloud service providers whose servers are located outside Quebec or when Gite les deux Pignons deals with subcontractors located outside the province.
Additional Information on Technologies Used:
Other Technological Means Used:
Gite les deux Pignons also collects personal information through technological means such as web forms integrated into its website (e.g., its contact form, newsletter registration form, etc.), online questionnaires on its platforms and applications, and other form platforms or tools. If Gite les deux Pignons collects personal information by offering a technological product or service with privacy settings, Gite les deux Pignons must ensure that these settings provide the highest level of privacy by default (cookies are not covered).